Sonntag, 27. November 2011

my first posting

a new experience to blog - but it´s good to start. 


some words to my person: I´m a German student with University of Middlesex, London doing the BA(Hons)embroidery. My student group and I will finish our studies in June 2012 with an exhibition in the university gallery. 


Yesterday I send my work to the second last moderation. As every time it was a bit stress but at the same time I felt satisfied with the work. Of course there are things to refine further but it´s good for the moment. 


In May 2012 I hope to exhibit as a member of the PRISM textile group in London, Mall Gallery. 


semi transparent vessel, November 2011

Edmund de Waal is one of the artists who inspired my last work. He is a well known ceramic and now also an author. Karla Black the Turner Prize winner 2011 as well as Eva Hesse have influence to my own work. 

3 Kommentare:

  1. Monika

    It is so wonderful to see your work on the internet in this blog.

    I am quite excited to see your piece. I too like Karla Black and Eva Hesse.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Your works are very delicate and intimate. Beautiful work. Also Eva Hesse is an incredible artist.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thanks for your words - there will be ca. 30 vessels installed to a big flying vessel form - a family tree.

      Exhibition in London June 2012.

      What are you doing?

      have a nice weekend Monika

      Löschen

Preparation for Connected Exhibition - Vorbereitung für Connected Ausstellung

die Vorbereitungen für die Connected Ausstellungen sind im vollen Gange. Letzte Stiche, Zusammensammeln von benötigtem Material für den Aufb...