Sonntag, 1. Juli 2018

Thoughts after 2 weeks on Mallorca



After examine the way Jan Beany and Jean Littlejohn do their sketchbooks I wanted to try draw and paint with color.

The wonderful strong colors in the garden of our hotel inspired me to paint with watercolour and white . I had much fun by concentration and trying to observe the plants in detail.



But afterwards I often had the feeling it´s too intensive, too much colour. The wish arose to paint in pale grey, pink, beige ….the colors of the buildings and walls between the fields.
 



In addition I wanted to examine the color with dots. By Judy Martin´s blog  https://judys-journal.blogspot.com/, I came over with the artwork of Carol Mahtab https://www.google.de/search?q=carol+mahtab+artist&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjDsfX_vN3bAhXD3KQKHYIhCBEQ_AUICigB&biw=1399&bih=909, and her sketchbooks – a wonderful inspiration!



source: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy5FdEdo0Xu31vO2qZrzjN-WFSVIxdGRf08ywJ_DtJ2-r2iYAbOQ


So I used a repatative dot pattern, which allowed myself to concentrate in total to the colors.



The last version relates directly to the walls and I feel very satisfied with the outcome. The pasty appearance and the mixed colors in 1 dot I like very much. It remembers me to the stones sawn everywhere. I will see how this will be translated into new artwork.





I will see how this will be translated into new artwork.


1 Kommentar:

  1. Monika, so nice to read about your time in Mallorca. I love the dots that you have posted about. xo

    AntwortenLöschen

Preparation for Connected Exhibition - Vorbereitung für Connected Ausstellung

die Vorbereitungen für die Connected Ausstellungen sind im vollen Gange. Letzte Stiche, Zusammensammeln von benötigtem Material für den Aufb...